Skip to main content
Sunbelt Stud Welding
Capacitor Discharge (CD) Stud Welder - CD-3101
The CD-3101 is a cost-effective standard capacitor discharge stud welding unit. It is suitable for tip ignition with contact and gap.
The CD-3101 is compact with a strong metal housing. It will weld mild steel, stainless, aluminum and brass CD studs.
- Operation at high voltage fluctuations (-25% up to 20%)
- Integrated mains filter
- High-tech micro controller to guarantee precise process control
- Safest operating conditions and highest operating comfort
- Stepless voltage regulation (charging and discharge)
- Automatic discharge of capacitors by reducing the loading voltage
- Easy and reproducible setting of the loading voltage / welding energy by digital display
- Library function - automatic adjustment of the loading voltage by selecting the stud diameter (fine adjustment by pushing arrow key)
- Error code indication by digital display
- Easy control of all functions by LED indications
- Easy change of polarity of welding voltage by interchanging welding current cable and ground cable (if required)
- Electronically protected magnetic circuit when using gap gun CA-08
- Temperature controlled cooling fan reduces contamination inside the power unit (high reliability) and reduces noise
- Temperature control of transformer and interior of power unit - automatic shut off at overheat
- Highest safety standard by automatic control of SCR and contact to work piece
- Recorded high voltage test
|Dimensions: 20"L x 7.1"W x 9.8"H
||Welding Time: 1 to 3 msec.
|Weight: 48 lbs.
||Stud Range: (#4 to 3/8")
|Capacitance Charge: 132,000 mfd
||Weld Rate: 8 to 20 Studs per minute
|Charging Voltage: 50-220 V (stepless)
||Input Power: 230/115 V, 50/60 Hz, 10 AT
||Gun Only (C08)
|Power Unit Only